Level 3 Robot
This unit's topic is "navigation." A variety of more advanced
sensors and programming techniques are available at this level.
The parts for this level include:
- Encoders -- to measure the distance each wheel has moved.
- Digital Rate Gyroscope -- to determine heading (rotation).
- Accelerometer -- to determine tilt (translation), e.g. for a balancing
- Ultrasonic Range Finder (sonar) -- to measure distance to an object.
- Compass -- to measure heading.
- Student show-and-tell / student-motivated sensors.
Participants should purchase the item(s) of interest (see the
Level 3 parts page for suggestions); the
workshop will be custom-tailored to the interests of the attendees.
Possible additional topics include tutorials on:
- Using EAGLE to design schematics and custom PCBs.
- Using TurboCAD to design a chassis.