Commentary by S.D. Kaehler
To August 15, 2020 Slides
To the SRS Weblog index page
If you have other pics you'd like to share please send them to SeattleRoboticsSociety(at)gmail.com.
9/19/20: This month's meeting had an online turnout of 24 people. The meeting was facilitated by Steve Kaehler. We met online.
The meeting was kicked off with a video about drone delivery of medication by USOG.
- We talked about the ongoing need for backup meeting leaders who can run things when Steve isn't available. There are a couple people who have done this but the more available folks the better. Contact Steve via SeattleRoboticsSociety(at)Gmail.com if you can help.
- The slides presented are provided here.
- Steve is looking for people interested in sending out emails to invite potential presenters to come talk to us. It currently takes about eights asks to get one accept. This means it could take a hundred speaker requests to fill the calendar for a whole year. He needs people willing to research potential presenters and then send them a customized template email addressed. He can provide the template and general instructions. Include the SeattleRoboticsSociety(at)Gmail.com address in the cc: line so he can see any responses and address them. It is time-consuming to find and contact so many people and help would be greatly appreciated, especially if we want to have a full schedule of presenters.
- We talked about the transition of our list server from SeattleRobotics@YahooGroups to SeattleRobotics@Groups.io. The Contact Us pages has the new information for joining and using this new list host.
- There are MBOX formatted text files containing all the messages from the SRS YG located here for convenient access if you want to look at or download them yourself. They are also on the website which might eventually be indexed by Google and available using the website search box in the left sidebar.
- If you have ideas, comments, or presenter contact info, please email me at SeattleRoboticsSociety(at)Gmail.com.
- Next month's plan is to have a facilitated discussion on a topic to be announced later unless an alternative materializes. Watch the SRS website for details.
The following people shared information/projects.
If you have pics you'd like to share please send them to SeattleRoboticsSociety(at)gmail.com.
Our presentation was a couple readings from Randall Munroe's book "How To... Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems" read by Steven Kaehler with illustrations presented. Randall is the author of XKCD, a popular webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language. The first was "How to Catch a Drone (with Sports Equipment)" and the second, "How to Send a File". Randall's offerings are intended to amuse while considering the mathematical possibilities and stretching the physics and science. Due to potential copyright infringement risks, the slides will not be posted on the website.
No afternoon workshop this month as we adjust to online meetings but we'll try to do something next month.
If you have comments or opinions on this writing, please email me at SeattleRoboticsSociety(at)Gmail.com.
To August 15, 2020 Slides
Back to the SRS Weblog index page.