Please see the following recommendations from the King County government. Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Public Health recommendations to protect our community See each meeting announcement below for specific schedule information.
It's always a good idea to check this page before meetings in case inclement weather or something unexpected forces a cancellation or a change of venue. Check here within 24 hours of the meeting (Friday morning) to catch any last minute changes. A nasty forecast would probably cancel the meeting, however if it looks okay through the weekend, things will happen as planned but nasty weather near the meeting time could postpone this month's presenter, so thank you for being flexible.
The monthly announcements detail special cases. Since we share the regular meeting facility with FIRST Washington, we sometimes (rarely) might have to meet at an alternate location (we hope nearby) in the event of a conflict. I will do all I can to avoid this. There might be FIRST activities at the facility if it can handle the number of people, otherwise details will be posted below as soon as possible and on our Facebook page with location and directions to the alternate meeting venue.
If you want an automated utility to ping you when there's a change here, consider VisualPing, a free website that will monitor websites and notify you of changes. This service will check selected sites up to twice a day for free, more often for a fee.
- Check the "Special Events" page for new items of interest to SRS members. It will have links to specific events as well as online calendars. Please let me know (below) if there are items to be added.
- Check out the "paper Encoder issues" from the early 90's scanned to PDF and added to the Encoder. SRS YouTube video links to various contests and events are inserted amongst the meeting notes. If you come across any not included, email (below) me the link(s).
- Check out the "Useful Links" page of robotics resources. If you come across something not included, email (below) me the link(s).
- If you haven't been to one of our meetings for a while, we now normally meet at the FIRST Washington Fieldhouse at
21238 68th Ave South, Kent, WA (as of January 2017) unless otherwise noted below.
- Signs at the front door of the building will direct you either upstairs to the conference room or straight through the building to the warehouse, or a sign in the window will provide details of the alternate meeting location should you miss the advance announcements.
- Meetings are usually followed by an afternoon robot workshop session (until ~4 p.m.) where we'll help people build and program the Parallax Arduino UNO Robot kit or the Propeller Activitybot kit or assist as we can with other projects. Bring yours, a project to work on, questions to ask, or be a resource for others and hang out with us. Sometimes we host one or more Robothon contests providing a great way to competitvely pit your robot(s) against others in friendly battles to the death prior to the public Robothon events.
Contact the SRS: SeattleRoboticsSociety(at)gmail.com Please include helpful subject line text.
Please send any past meeting pictures you'd like to share to the SRS Gmail above. Include helpful subject line text with the message.
General Meeting Information
Our regular meetings normally start at 10am on the third Saturday of each month. Until recently, thanks to COVID-19, our meetings have been pretty consistent and only rarely being cancelled. See the announcements below, on our Facebook page, Yahoo Group, and Groups.io list. See the meetings page for details on the normal location and directions, and the announcements below for special location information if applicable. The "Events" section on the SRS Facebook page has the typical meeting agendas. The planned presentations for upcoming meetings appear below. The Past Presentations page is an archive of presenters including their slides if they were provided.
Presentations & Events Coming
August 15th - Tentative
September 19th Tentative
- The meeting is planned to happen ONLINE via Microsoft Teams at the usual time. Check back here later for details.
October 3rd - Robothon 2020
October 17th - Tentative
(*) Contact Steve Kaehler at SeattleRoboticsRobotics(at)gmail.com, Subject: "Presentation", if you are interested in presenting or have contact info for someone who is. Feel free to invite people to present but let me arrange scheduling.
- The meeting is tentatively planned to happen ONLINE but may occur at 21238 68th Ave South, Kent, WA. Check back here for details.
- "How to Catch a Drone" (with sports equipment).
Monday Night Chat
The Seattle Robotics Society hosts a "Monday Night Chat" each week. Official time is 7 - 9 p.m. Pacific Time, but people are often around outside this timeframe as well. Details are on the Contact Us page.